'Call of Duty' and PlayStation 4 Are Gaming's Most Wanted

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
@Avus when you have a game that you didn`t changed anything since the last 3 installments it would be a shame for COD to have bugs at launch :) and by now BF4 is quite stable only netcode and few things to tweak, but on the other hand COD is the same game like forever .

houghe9

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2009
I am getting older so i am a little foggy on what is going on. in the past consoles were proprietary and you could not run that software on the pc's (i know you can emulate) but with the 2 new consoles being x86 architecture it should be easy for a game company to port (please tell me if i am wrong on that) so you spend 400 on basically a dedicated pc. that is good i understand that.

when asked is it worth updating to the next gen the reports i have seen say that uprgrade and your graphics will be better but game play is the same. That makes sense to me. microsoft and sony have basically reverted back to pc gaming.
you can buy a pc game and if you want better graphics you buy a better video card processor what ever that makes you happy. that is exactly what they are saying about the new consoles little changes in game play just has a better experience. so just like pc you pay to upgrade but it doesn't change the game play. if it is x86 i would think if they made the consoles upgradeable i.e. ram 2nd video card you would still have that dedicated solution but also have some input on the experience. PS3 has the cell chip cant just emulate it and its proprietary cant upgrade it. i am all over the place on this but my point is they are almost back to a pc gaming model. why would they not have upgrades to your next gen console. that would be a huge selling point buy a ps4 so you can upgrade the eye candy, load speed, networking experience what ever or not upgrade.
it is fact that as the consoles get to the end of thier lives the games get better use more of the hardware. With the new ones being x86 what tricks is a developer going able to do 3 years dont the road. imo very little because they already know x86 and have all the dev tools. i would think the new consoles will not have the 7 8 year life span.

Status
Not open for further replies.