Question Cambridge SoundWorks 4.1 connectors problems

retiredat44

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2008
Cambridge SoundWorks 4.1 connectors problems. The 3.5 mm mini jack is wrong size for my connection from my asus pc to my speakers. Bone headed idea to use 3,5mm instead of rca. Have to either leave it as is or use a bunch of adapters for sounds. I wanted to use Toslink and run the Realtek digital sound panel in my Asus Z170 motherboard sounds.

Cambridge SoundWorks 4.1 connectors problems. The 3.5 mm mini jack is wrong size for my connection from my asus pc to my speakers. Bone headed idea to use 3,5mm instead of rca. Have to either leave it as is or use a bunch of adapters for sounds. I wanted to use Toslink and run the Realtek digital sound panel in my Asus Z170 motherboard sounds.

Not sure if you have a question here, if you need adapters to connect what you have to the speaker then need to use the adapters. Or get a speaker system that uses digital inputs. Logitech Z906 would work, or sound-bars with rear speakers like VIZIO SmartCast 36" 5.1 I have one of the Vizio setup on my TV and it sounds pretty good, better than many setups I heard that cost double.

retiredat44

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2008
I want to keep the soundworks 4.1, but the 3.5 mm have me either not using toslink and enjoying the options for sounds on my motherboards, or have to buy conversion cable from 3.5mm to rca on both ends of the cables. Computer end and speak end. Though there is a box I can run this 5.1 cable adapter on Amazon Wiistar 5.1 Channel AC3/DTS Audio Gear Digital Surround Sound Rush Decoder HD Player with USB Port ($25.00 USD).

Since I purchased these speakers new a long time ago, they just though we would be happy with 3.5 mm connectors into the sound cards or pc's. Yes, they are old, but still work great. But, I am losing out on a much better sound experience if I can go through the Toslink and RealTek equalizer.