Question camera question

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
i have a security system 16 cameras 8 are on a dvr/nvr unit and 8 are foscam cameras i use the tiny cam app only to view the cameras on my phone. also theya re all on the dvr/nvr and the nvr units being recorded.

it is hard now to even find used foscam cameras, so now i'm looking on ebay for the outdoor type cameras but they all seem to be wifi type units, they may be hard wired capable but the listings are not clear anymore. i do not want to use wifi as i started out doing that and i had dropout so bad that i had to hard wire them into a network head unit so they could be viewable.

so outside of breaking the bank does anyone know of outdoor cameras the are pan tile and zoom? and can be hard wired and use the tiny cam app? i used to ask alexey about this but he has not replied to any emails to me in years now, my guess is he is just to busy. he hangs out in the ipcam forum but they banned me because i would not buy product form them so i can't ask alexey questions there either.

so maybe some guys her may have some help to offer. my guess is most of the outdoor cameras will be able to hardwire into the system but i need to make sure they can be used by tinycam. unless maybe there is another app that is versatile enough to be able to find and work with all the cameras that the tinycam app works with. and is as easy to work with it.

thanks

Dec 6, 2022
i have a security system 16 cameras 8 are on a dvr/nvr unit and 8 are foscam cameras i use the tiny cam app only to view the cameras on my phone. also theya re all on the dvr/nvr and the nvr units being recorded.

it is hard now to even find used foscam cameras, so now i'm looking on ebay for the outdoor type cameras but they all seem to be wifi type units, they may be hard wired capable but the listings are not clear anymore. i do not want to use wifi as i started out doing that and i had dropout so bad that i had to hard wire them into a network head unit so they could be viewable.

so outside of breaking the bank does anyone know of outdoor cameras the are pan tile and zoom? and can be hard wired and use the tiny cam app? i used to ask alexey about this but he has not replied to any emails to me in years now, my guess is he is just to busy. he hangs out in the ipcam forum but they banned me because i would not buy product form them so i can't ask alexey questions there either.

so maybe some guys her may have some help to offer. my guess is most of the outdoor cameras will be able to hardwire into the system but i need to make sure they can be used by tinycam. unless maybe there is another app that is versatile enough to be able to find and work with all the cameras that the tinycam app works with. and is as easy to work with it.

thanks
Can't really recommend any cameras since ones I'm using are all WiFi connected, but regarding apps - Wardencam and Alfredcam are pretty decent alternatives to Tinycam as far as I know

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
ok thanks i will try those and see how they compare to tiny cam for me. thanks for that help. i tried those and they are for using your phone as a security device i do not want my phone as a security device . so it still looks like tinycam is the best.

so does anyone happen to know what program for the pc is a good program for working with ip cameras? i use to have a good one that would let me get into the camera settings but because win10 stopped allowing adobie that program stopped working. thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: SammyRei

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
seems now happens to know of a good app other than tinycam. does anyone onow if alexy the tinycam guy has a page on this site? i can ask him some questions. i can't get ontot he ipcam site anymore they blocked me said i was spamming them because i would not get product form them.