Question Camera, SD card, and SD card reader

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 25, 2023
I have a Canon EOS Rebel T1i camera. I don't have an SD card reader on my computer, so when I wanted to remove photos from my camera, I had to put the SD card into my old laptop, transfer the photos onto a memory stick and then transfer the photos onto my computer where I do my editing. That was a tedious process so I got a Kingston FCR-HS4 card reader that could plug into my computer via USB.

After I transferred photos for the first time, I put my SD card back into my camera, and my camera no longer recognized it, thus rendering my camera pretty much useless. I got a new SD card, took some pictures with it, loaded them onto my computer with the SD card reader, and now my camera isn't recognizing this card either, so I'm guessing that the card reader is doing something to alter the SD card. The first SD card is a 1 GB SanDisk, and the second SD card is a SanDisk Ultra SDHC that's 32 GB. I tried reformatting the 32 GB, but my camera still isn't recognizing it.

Any suggestions for how I can get my camera to recognize SD cards and continue using my card reader?

timjulius1122

Banned
BANNED
Jun 24, 2023
I have a Canon EOS Rebel T1i camera. I don't have an SD card reader on my computer, so when I wanted to remove photos from my camera, I had to put the SD card into my old laptop, transfer the photos onto a memory stick and then transfer the photos onto my computer where I do my editing. That was a tedious process so I got a Kingston FCR-HS4 card reader that could plug into my computer via USB.

After I transferred photos for the first time, I put my SD card back into my camera, and my camera no longer recognized it, thus rendering my camera pretty much useless. I got a new SD card, took some pictures with it, loaded them onto my computer with the SD card reader, and now my camera isn't recognizing this card either, so I'm guessing that the card reader is doing something to alter the SD card. The first SD card is a 1 GB SanDisk, and the second SD card is a SanDisk Ultra SDHC that's 32 GB. I tried reformatting the 32 GB, but my camera still isn't recognizing it.

Any suggestions for how I can get my camera to recognize SD cards and continue using my card reader?
Your Canon camera isn't recognizing SD cards after using a Kingston card reader. To fix this, update your camera's firmware, format the SD card in the camera, test the card reader with another device, or try a different card reader. Ensure the SD card's lock switch isn't on. If the problem persists and if your issue is solved please do let me know.
Thankyou.

Status
Not open for further replies.