Can charing your phone with different chargers cause screen burn-in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stidza

Prominent
Dec 23, 2018
Someone told me that charging my phone with different chargers can cause my screen to get burn-in. Is this true? I use 2 different chargers, the one that comes in the books and a different slow charger. I use one when I'm in a hurry and the second one when I don't need my phone charged up quickly (to avoid battery overheating). Also, do charging cables have anything to do with this?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Someone told me that charging my phone with different chargers can cause my screen to get burn-in. Is this true? I use 2 different chargers, the one that comes in the books and a different slow charger. I use one when I'm in a hurry and the second one when I don't need my phone charged up quickly (to avoid battery overheating). Also, do charging cables have anything to do with this?
Screen burn-in is not an issue caused by using different chargers or cables. "Someone" is mistaken on that point.

Poor cables/chargers can cause other issues, but not that.

sadiqrehan

Great
Jul 29, 2020
It is not necessary that charging with different charger will heat up your phone.
First check your mobile standard rating of current and voltage input and Charger too.
Lets take an Example--- suppose you mobile supports 15W charger and you are charging mobile with 27W charger, then your mobile will start heating up.
But if you have different charger of same watts i.e 15W , your mobile will not heat up.

jagdishsingh

Banned
BANNED
Jan 13, 2021
No, that won't happen. However, charging your phone with different chargers will effect your battery life since different different chargers have different voltage and output and that affects the charging quality of your battery. But since this effect on battery is in long term and nowadays nobody uses a mobile for more than 2 years hence, its fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.