Question Can i change the proccesor , the ram , or the graphics card on an asus X509J laptop?

mrmike16

Honorable
Thank you so much . Maybe il just buy a new laptop cuz i have a Intel I3 proccesor
That depends on what you need it for. An Intel Core-i3 processor doesn't mean that it can't handle common tasks. I have been using an Intel Atom processor since 2016 and can even play some games on it. Yours is a 10th Gen i3, that isn't really so bad for most people as long as there is an SSD and at least 8GB of RAM. 10th Gen is not old.

Tavi tudor

Great
Feb 8, 2022
That depends on what you need it for. An Intel Core-i3 processor doesn't mean that it can't handle common tasks. I have been using an Intel Atom processor since 2016 and can even play some games on it. Yours is a 10th Gen i3, that isn't really so bad for most people as long as there is an SSD and at least 8GB of RAM. 10th Gen is not old.
The thing is that i was also thinking of upgrading my ram from 4 gb to 8 gb cuz i wanna use it for online classes and gaming
Also i ordered a cooler for the laptop

Tavi tudor

Great
Feb 8, 2022
Also i do have an ssd

mrmike16

Honorable
The thing is that i was also thinking of upgrading my ram from 4 gb to 8 gb cuz i wanna use it for online classes and gaming
Also i ordered a cooler for the laptop
I thought the minimum RAM that comes with it is 8GB. Yes, 4GB is rather low in 2022. For general online classes and light gaming, though, it can handle it.
By cooler I assume you mean an external one, right? It gets hot?

mrmike16

Honorable
A

Also , the only game i play on there is minecraft , where i get about 30 fps but it gets lag spikes every 10 seconds
OK< Minecraft in my opinion is not light because of the amount of rendering it does (And every time I saw someone play it, I hear the laptop fans being strained).

As for the freezing and crashing, try doing a clean installation, update all of the drivers, and see if that helps before investing in a new laptop.

Tavi tudor

Great
Feb 8, 2022
OK< Minecraft in my opinion is not light because of the amount of rendering it does (And every time I saw someone play it, I hear the laptop fans being strained).

As for the freezing and crashing, try doing a clean installation, update all of the drivers, and see if that helps before investing in a new laptop.
Ok , thank you. I just want to know how to do a "clean instalation" , and how do i update the drivers ?

USAFRet

Illustrious
Ok , thank you. I just want to know how to do a "clean instalation" , and how do i update the drivers ?