Solved! Can I configure my laptop to not charge the battery?

yonyz

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
Hi,

I like using my laptop at home but I don't want the batter to constantly charge/discharge.
Is there a way to tell me laptop to stop charging my battery and power my PC without using the battery at all?
I should mention that it's a Lenovo laptop (Legion 5) and the battery cannot be easily removed (without unscrewing the entire bottom plate).

Thanks.

Solution
The computer will stop charging when the battery is fully charged. I run plugged in 80% of the time and my 3 year old battery is just about as good as new. My wife has a Lenovo laptop an it has a power option to only charge the battery to about 60%. This is the best way to extend the battery life--especially if you keep it plugged in most of the time. Don't know if that option will work on your machine but she controls it from the Lenovo control app.
The computer will stop charging when the battery is fully charged. I run plugged in 80% of the time and my 3 year old battery is just about as good as new. My wife has a Lenovo laptop an it has a power option to only charge the battery to about 60%. This is the best way to extend the battery life--especially if you keep it plugged in most of the time. Don't know if that option will work on your machine but she controls it from the Lenovo control app.

Solution