Solved! Can I connect my Hatatchi TV to Bluetooth Headphones

Jul 17, 2020
I'm going increasingly deaf and would like to connect Bluetooth head phones to our Hitachi smart tv. Is it possible and how? Will we both be able to listen or will the bluetooth "kill" the internal speakers?

Solution
The USB port on a TV will not work with USB speakers. TVs don't have drivers to support that.
Your TV will have an audio output. It most likely will be an optical digital audio output. You can get a bluetooth transmitter to connect to that output. If you want to run the TV speakers at the same time the TV may or may not support that. The owners manual should mention that. The work around is to split the optical output and connect a soundbar and the transmitter.
Jul 17, 2020
Hello,
According to my view, Hitachi smart tv didn't have inbuilt Bluetooth but it has a USB slot which you use to connect speakers for better hearing
Thanks
Thank you for that but I need headphones as my hearing is going, but I have to have it too loud for my wife. That is why I need bluetooth headphones.

The USB port on a TV will not work with USB speakers. TVs don't have drivers to support that.
Your TV will have an audio output. It most likely will be an optical digital audio output. You can get a bluetooth transmitter to connect to that output. If you want to run the TV speakers at the same time the TV may or may not support that. The owners manual should mention that. The work around is to split the optical output and connect a soundbar and the transmitter.

Reactions: Parsley
Solution
Jul 17, 2020
Thanks for that. I'll look into that set up.

HI. I've found out that my Hitachi model has WiFi. Can I connect via a Sound Bar so we can listen together?

A soundbar is just a speaker, you would connect it using the optical audio output not wifi. You won't be able to connect a bluetooth headphone to a soundbar if that is what you are asking, the bluetooth on the soundbars is for input. You would need to use the optical out to a bluetooth transmitter, which does work but unless you use a low latency headphone and get a good transmitter you will have lag with audio and video.

Reactions: Parsley