Can I connect my TV screen to my laptop?

Apr 16, 2019
Hello,

I was wondering if it was possible to show what was on my TV screen and display it on my laptop and if so, how?

Thanks.

mowaisshahid

Prominent
Aug 23, 2018
ofcourse, you need to find which ports your laptop and tv supports... nowadays most of the appliances uses HDMI ports, so go for a HDMI to HDMI comnector and you will be good... If your laptop or tv doesn't have HDMI port, so you might buy a HDMI to VGI or DVI or else connector...so first makesure your laptop and tv ports

Apr 16, 2019
ofcourse, you need to find which ports your laptop and tv supports... nowadays most of the appliances uses HDMI ports, so go for a HDMI to HDMI comnector and you will be good... If your laptop or tv doesn't have HDMI port, so you might buy a HDMI to VGI or DVI or else connector...so first makesure your laptop and tv ports

I have connected my laptop to my TV however I can only display my laptop screen on the TV and not the other way round.

mowaisshahid

Prominent
Aug 23, 2018
There is no way to use your laptop screen to mirror the TV screen.
If you have cable or satellite you can use the laptop with the app your provider supplies to independently view channel or DVR content.
I agree with him... You have to buy a tv card or satellite USB or things like that to view tv channels on your laptop... Most of the ISPs also provide satellite tv service, which you can watch through a LAN or wifi... You can also subscribe to some online tv channels providers... or simply you can watch free online tv on youtube or other websites, thats the best solution