Solved! Can I get data off dead S6?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 19, 2020
hi all, my Samsung Galaxy S6 pretty much died the other day. I’ve tried all the button pressing combinations but it won;t turn on. No lights at all. I tried replacing the battery and whilst i got a white led for about 4 hours it then turned off and still no response sadly. I know it’s a really old phone but newer ones seem to really hurt my eyes so I was kind of attached to this one.

Do I have any way to connect it and get anything I want off the hard drive? From what I can find online it sounds like unless it boots up there’s no way to do this but i thought I should check before discarding it!
if I have another model can I perhaps put the hard drive in the new model or is this not an option?

Many thanks in advance

Rob

Solution
unless you are able to log in, there is no way to recover your data. If you kept a backup on the samsung or google cloud then you may be able to recover your data.

mejustsayin

Commendable
Oct 11, 2020
unless you are able to log in, there is no way to recover your data. If you kept a backup on the samsung or google cloud then you may be able to recover your data.

Solution

akai331

Estimable
Jan 4, 2019
You can’t access to the information because you need the key to decrypt the volume. The only way is powering on your device, encrypting keys only work if some hardware is detected,

Status
Not open for further replies.