Can I record from camera to PC using HDMI

jimmieballgame

Estimable
Dec 31, 2015
I have a Nikon D3300 digital camera which also records video. It has a mini HDMI port. (I don't know if it's in or out or both)

I have a Dell Inspiron 17 that also has a mini HDMI port. (I don't know if it's in or out or both)

Can I record directly from camera to PC using this mini HDMI?

If I can, how do I actually record it to the hard drive? What program?

Thank you
Jimmieballgame

Solution
No. HDMI is if you want real time video monitoring. Like while recording you want to view it on the PC.

To simply store the content, all you need is a network connection, most likely a USB link, if the Nikon allows it. So if there is a configuration that says, Store in internal storage or... ur golden.
No. HDMI is if you want real time video monitoring. Like while recording you want to view it on the PC.

To simply store the content, all you need is a network connection, most likely a USB link, if the Nikon allows it. So if there is a configuration that says, Store in internal storage or... ur golden.

Solution

jimmieballgame

Estimable
Dec 31, 2015

Because the Nikon takes MUCH better pictures than the web cam. That and the audio is terrible with the web cam. At least it isn't as good as I want. I plan on using a directional mic.

jimmieballgame

Estimable
Dec 31, 2015

It looks like it's not doable. But thanks for the info about real time video monitoring.

I appreciate your input.

Jimmieballgame