Can I run games on a portable SSD without any game files touching the laptop?

Pandaaz

Honorable
Oct 27, 2013
I have a school-owned laptop, and the IT guy knows what i am running on my computer, but if there are no files on the computer that are related to games, then it doesn't violate the acceptable use policy. If the game files dont touch the internal SSD of the laptop, I would like to get a Portable SSD so I can run my games off of it whenever I want. If you guys could recommend around a 64-128gb portable SSD i could use, that would be great.

BTW, its not a mistake that i called it an internal SSD, because the laptop has no hard drive, only a Solid State Drive.

~Pandaaz :pt1cable:

Solution
Generally no.

Game save files are saved to the C: drive in the "My Documents" folder. The exception would be online games where the games are saved on the server. Installing games will make changes to the Windows Registry file and they will also appear in the list of installed programs if you were to go to "Uninstall Program" in the Control Panel.
Generally no.

Game save files are saved to the C: drive in the "My Documents" folder. The exception would be online games where the games are saved on the server. Installing games will make changes to the Windows Registry file and they will also appear in the list of installed programs if you were to go to "Uninstall Program" in the Control Panel.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS