Solved! Can I upgrade the processor and to which one if yes?

Mar 29, 2020
I am currently using Intel Core i3-4005U CPU @1.70GHz. My laptop is HP 15-r230.
I also wish to change graphic video memory and add ore RAM but don't know if the motherboard will support that. As my laptop screen is broken, I wish to take out the motherboard and put it in a cpu case that's why I need some advice.

Solution
The laptop tops parts (motherboard) will not work like standard PC parts in a desktop case. Laptop parts are not standard like PC parts.

You can not change the video memory of the HP, nor can you easily change the CPU (it is soldered into the socket).

You could likely change/replace the laptop screen for not a lot of money and still have a usable system.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
The laptop tops parts (motherboard) will not work like standard PC parts in a desktop case. Laptop parts are not standard like PC parts.

You can not change the video memory of the HP, nor can you easily change the CPU (it is soldered into the socket).

You could likely change/replace the laptop screen for not a lot of money and still have a usable system.

Solution
Mar 29, 2020
T

Thank you, yes that remains as the viable option.