Can I upgrade this laptop

ilovecomputers10

Honorable
Dec 21, 2012
I want to buy a laptp in the next week. I was going to buy this from John Lewis. Here is the link. http://www.johnlewis.com/231740109/Product.aspx

But i have now seen this laptop that is on clearance sale and seems very cheap for a laptop with the performance it has. Here is the link
http://www.johnlewis.com/231740125/Product.aspx

So this is my question. If i do decide to buy the samsung laptop. Am i able to upgrade features such as upgrade the graphics cards AND RAM in the future?

Thank you for your time and replies in advance. Much appreciated :)

Rockdpm

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011
You MIGHT can upgrade the RAM but the graphics card can't be upgrade.. Really on ANY laptop you can't upgrade anything but the RAM or HDD/SSD. ... Only the super high end models can have a Graphics upgrade

The vast majority (99%+) of laptops cannot have the GPU upgraded because it is soldered into the motherboard. Only certain gaming specific laptops of at least $1,500+ have that capability.

I believe all Alienware laptops and the 15.6+" gaming laptops from Falcon Northwest are examples of laptops which are likely to allow you to upgrade the graphics card.

ilovecomputers10

Honorable
Dec 21, 2012
Ok thanks for your reply guys. For some reason the word "laptop" had a link to a very cheap laptop when i didn't do that. I have now changed it to "laptp"

Anways, I was going to buy the toshiba i linked but the 15.6" model which has the same specs as the samsung with dedicated graphics card and 12gb ram with the option to upgrade, but it had a lower resolution which put me off.

I think i will have to buy the Samsung due to it being a good laptop for the price even tho it only has 1gb graphics card.

1GB of VRAM is more than enough for 1600x900 resolution. That amount of VRAM is fine up to 1920x1200 resolution. You do not need more VRAM unless you go beyond 1920x1200.

"More" is not always better because you can potentially be overpaying for something that does not give you any benefits. Like more than 1GB of VRAM for 1600x900 resolution.

ilovecomputers10

Honorable
Dec 21, 2012
Ok. From the link that you posted it says that it has dedicated graphics which means that it is infact possible for me to change the graphics card. I will contact samsang to make sure about the ram ,ssd and graphhics card. Thanks for your help :)