Can i upgrade to a SSD or 7200 HHD on my laptop

May 2, 2018
I have a HP 17-y007cy s/n 8CG6472NM9 p/n W2N23UAR.... My question is this can i get a SSD and just add it to my laptop? or do i have to remove my super slow 5400HHD. Is there a space for a SSD. I could also get a 7200 hybrid i hear there fast also

Solution
Generally, you can only add a SSD in two scenarios: if it has a m.2 slot, or if has an optical bay where there is a disc drive currently installed. So, if you laptop has a disc drive, you may be able to find a kit that will let you mount a SSD in place of that, depending on the laptop.

Otherwise, you will have to replace your existing drive to use a SSD. Hybrid drives are ok if you value local storage, but if you're comfortable with other external solutions, I would avoid them. They're more like mechanical drives than they are SSDs.

rune2h

Proper
May 1, 2018
Generally, you can only add a SSD in two scenarios: if it has a m.2 slot, or if has an optical bay where there is a disc drive currently installed. So, if you laptop has a disc drive, you may be able to find a kit that will let you mount a SSD in place of that, depending on the laptop.

Otherwise, you will have to replace your existing drive to use a SSD. Hybrid drives are ok if you value local storage, but if you're comfortable with other external solutions, I would avoid them. They're more like mechanical drives than they are SSDs.

Solution