Can I use a 4-Channel car amp in my house

oscarjh

Commendable
May 13, 2016
Hi I'm pretty new to car audio but I understand some of the fundamentals

I was planning on using a 2200w 4-Channel car amp to power a subwoofer and two speakers for my car audio system. But for now, I want to be able to use this system outside of the car before i install it at a later date.

The subwoofer in question is 900w RMS dual 4ohm
and the two speakers add up to 200w rms 4ohm

my question is, can I purchase a car battery and use this system from a UK wall socket without any power problems? and if so could someone give a few suggestions.

Solution
You would have to use a car battery designed to be used in the boot rather than under the bonnet for safety. It would have to be charged and regulated too. The charge would only last so long under use so it might have to be charged while in use.
A better alternative would be a 12v power supply with sufficient amperage to drive the amp. Car stereo shoppes us them to power their displays.
You would have to use a car battery designed to be used in the boot rather than under the bonnet for safety. It would have to be charged and regulated too. The charge would only last so long under use so it might have to be charged while in use.
A better alternative would be a 12v power supply with sufficient amperage to drive the amp. Car stereo shoppes us them to power their displays.

Solution

oscarjh

Commendable
May 13, 2016

ok thanks for the reply :), do you know roughly what amp rating my 12v supply would need?