Question Receiver for my purposes

Jul 14, 2023
Hi all. I am new here hoping to get good advice on a receiver. I have 4 ceiling 6.5'' speakers. The exact specs could be found here: https://www.goldwood.com/acoustic-a...-5-speakers-home-theater-surround-sound-pair/
I want to connect these 4 equal speakers to a receiver. I have a 7.2 home theater system but it will work separately in the same big hall where these 4 speakers are mounted. I own the Marantz SR5015 for that purpose. These 4 ceiling speakers will work independently from the home theater system. As far as I know, I could use a 2-channel or 4-channel receiver for these 6.5'' speakers. What receiver would you recommend for that purpose? My idea is to use the speakers only for music listening, I want to connect the receiver to the laptop, thus be able to listen to my audio files and also listen to internet radio.
Thanks a lot.

timjulius1122

Banned
BANNED
Jun 24, 2023
Hi all. I am new here hoping to get good advice on a receiver. I have 4 ceiling 6.5'' speakers. The exact specs could be found here: https://www.goldwood.com/acoustic-a...-5-speakers-home-theater-surround-sound-pair/
I want to connect these 4 equal speakers to a receiver. I have a 7.2 home theater system but it will work separately in the same big hall where these 4 speakers are mounted. I own the Marantz SR5015 for that purpose. These 4 ceiling speakers will work independently from the home theater system. As far as I know, I could use a 2-channel or 4-channel receiver for these 6.5'' speakers. What receiver would you recommend for that purpose? My idea is to use the speakers only for music listening, I want to connect the receiver to the laptop, thus be able to listen to my audio files and also listen to internet radio.
Thanks a lot.
To connect four independent ceiling speakers to your laptop for music listening, I suggest considering the Yamaha R-N303 or the Denon AVR-S750H receivers. Both models provide excellent sound quality, built-in Wi-Fi, Bluetooth connectivity, and support for streaming services. The Yamaha R-N303 is a 2-channel stereo receiver, while the Denon AVR-S750H is a 7.2-channel AV receiver with more options for future expansion. Your choice should depend on your budget and specific features you require.

Reactions: Maudlin
Jul 14, 2023
Thanks a lot. I am leaning towards the Yamaha R-N303. However, whilst my budget is a little tight, I probably could go without the Wi-Fi and opt for a receiver that has just the Bluetooth. What are the disadvantages of having a receiver without the Wi-Fi? Will Bluetooth only be enough for playing Audio files from the computer through the receiver?

timjulius1122

Banned
BANNED
Jun 24, 2023
Choosing a Yamaha R-N303 receiver with Bluetooth instead of Wi-Fi is a cost-effective decision. Bluetooth enables you to stream audio files from your computer, but it has a limited range and may not support high-resolution formats. If your main objective is streaming from your computer, Bluetooth will meet your needs. However, if you desire extra functionalities such as streaming services or multi-room audio, Wi-Fi capability would be a more appropriate choice.

Reactions: Maudlin
Jul 14, 2023
Thanks a lot for your answers. I appreciate the help. One last question before I take a decision and make up my mind with the purchase: How far is the usual Bluetooth range? In my case, the receiver will be placed at about 8 meters (26 feet) from the laptop. Is this a reasonable distance for a good connection? I don't want lagging that sort of range issues. Thank you.