Can i use my macbook with a mousepad?

GAGAN 55

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013
Hello everyone, i just bought a macbook pro for editing purposes and was wondering if i can place it on top of an extended mousepad because at my institute the workspace is not so good and clean. And because i am editing i will use a mouse and want a mousepad anyway. So can i work this way?
I am just aksing because of some complicated stuff like overheating, static electricity buildup etc about which i don't know anything.
Sorry if i am asking a stupid question. Just don't want to damage my first laptop because its very expensive.

Thanx
Gagan :)

Solution
A laptop cooling pad would be ideal. Your mouse pad will probably work, but it may bump temperatures up a bit (inhibiting either heat exhaust or air intake). Static electricity is unlikely to be an issue with it. :)
Any surface that is not hard can flex and cause blockage of the air vents.

If you really feel the need to prop up your laptop either get a stand, or use a piece of plywood.

Not to mention if there is anything beyond just dirt (so fluids, grease, etc) they your mouse pad will eventually get soaked in it as well and be just as dirty for the laptop.