Can my earphones be repaired?

fauzan_22

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013
Hello,I have a set of JAYS a-Jays One earphones and they were working quite good for the last few years but unfortunately its jack has completely come of because it got twisted.
Now what I want to know is can my earphones be repaired?
Customer support isn't going to help out because there is none also I'm way above my warranty period.
If anyone had earphones of my model or similar sets and were able to get them fixed then please let me know.Thanks.

Solution
you can fix them but it's not easy if you are not famialir with working with wires. What you will need to do is (and these steps can be tweaked to suit your situation)

1: Get a cheap set of ear buds that preferably match your current set's wire color
2: Cut the jack off of the cheap set with about 2 inches of wire hanging
3: using a lighter or similar heat source, heat the plastic off both ends of wire (the end connecting to the jack and end connecting to ear buds)
4: Solder the wires theatergoer and put electrical tape around each strand
5: If possible put wire wrap around the soldered areas and heat

It sounds hard although it isn't to bad, but if you don't want to take the chances soldering the wires then don't attempt it. Also your...

xroe

Honorable
Jan 11, 2013
you can fix them but it's not easy if you are not famialir with working with wires. What you will need to do is (and these steps can be tweaked to suit your situation)

1: Get a cheap set of ear buds that preferably match your current set's wire color
2: Cut the jack off of the cheap set with about 2 inches of wire hanging
3: using a lighter or similar heat source, heat the plastic off both ends of wire (the end connecting to the jack and end connecting to ear buds)
4: Solder the wires theatergoer and put electrical tape around each strand
5: If possible put wire wrap around the soldered areas and heat

It sounds hard although it isn't to bad, but if you don't want to take the chances soldering the wires then don't attempt it. Also your handiwork will determine if it still looks good and holds up in the end.

Solution

fauzan_22

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013
@xroe well my soldering skills are really bad,so looks like fixing them myself is out of the question,thanks for the quick reply anyway.
Does anyone know any shops in mumbai,India that does earphone repair?

xroe

Honorable
Jan 11, 2013
Unfortunately I have nothing for you as far as shops in mumbai; although if you can't find any shops then, if you still want to try to fix them, you can do everything I said minus the soldering and just twine the wires tightly. Keep in mind though if you do that then you MUST get then tightly twined together or you will hear static in the line due to excess resistance.

fauzan_22

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013

No problem man,the earphones lasted me more than any earphones I ever had so its not all bad.Your fix is really ingenious man I could have never figured it out by myself,and if I cant find a shop then I'll definitely try your fix.thanks.

fauzan_22

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013

Finally after so many years I tried it and in the third attempt I was successful although I forgot to put the screw cover of the jack before soldering so I had to use some electric tape https://ibb.co/nEnBxQ
Now I'm trying to find all faulty earphones I can get my hands on and trying to fix it. Thanks to you.
And it works pretty great.