Can shampoo mess up my computer

Solution
Yes, it can. ANYTHING you get inside ANY electronic component, aside from air, can "mess it up". Shampoo contains liquids and solids, and is likely to flow beyond just the point where you can see. However, I don't think I'd recommend that you try to fix it yourself and you'll likely just make it worse. If you were inclined to try doing so anyway, 90% isopropyl alcohol would be the medium you'd want to use to clean it up but without the unit apart you may just thin the shampoo and cause it to reach further inside the unit. Either try it as is or take it for repair.

Since you stand to create further complications it might simply be a good idea to allow it to completely dry before you attempt to use any of those USB ports. After the...
Yes, it can. ANYTHING you get inside ANY electronic component, aside from air, can "mess it up". Shampoo contains liquids and solids, and is likely to flow beyond just the point where you can see. However, I don't think I'd recommend that you try to fix it yourself and you'll likely just make it worse. If you were inclined to try doing so anyway, 90% isopropyl alcohol would be the medium you'd want to use to clean it up but without the unit apart you may just thin the shampoo and cause it to reach further inside the unit. Either try it as is or take it for repair.

Since you stand to create further complications it might simply be a good idea to allow it to completely dry before you attempt to use any of those USB ports. After the shampoo is completely dry, which could take a week or more, it probably wouldn't short anything out but the risk remains anytime you introduce any foreign substance. Shampoo contains water and in some cases may also contain very small metallic components. If you do attempt to clean them out using isopropyl alcohol, and do not first take the unit apart, be sure to tilt the unit so that any thinned shampoo flow down out of the port. I really don't recommend it though if you are unfamiliar with cleaning or working on computer hardware.

Solution