Can the Macbook Pro meet my needs??

Lucy_93

Prominent
Mar 14, 2017
Hi,
I currently have a HP Pavilion (5th gen, 8GB RAM windows 10) but I have recently become frustrated with the lack of brightness and clarity of the screen. It is also a chunky thing, and I much prefer the look and feel of the macbooks. However, I want to ensure that the macbook pro can handle the programmes that I currently run before I buy. I use my current laptop for the following:

Sims 3 & 4
Sibelius 7
Kodi
Handbrake (or equivalent programme)

Would the macbook pro run smoothly with all these installed?
Thanks,
Lucy :)

Solution
Yes, it should handle those applications just fine. I assume you intend to use Boot Camp to use both OS X and Windows on the system.

Of course, there are "PC" options that can meet you needs as well. Really a matter of budget and preference.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Yes, it should handle those applications just fine. I assume you intend to use Boot Camp to use both OS X and Windows on the system.

Of course, there are "PC" options that can meet you needs as well. Really a matter of budget and preference.

Solution

Lucy_93

Prominent
Mar 14, 2017

Hi-thanks for the reply! I should be able to re-download the programmes for mac if I unistall them from my current laptop so I don't think I need windows at all (??)
I don't like windows 10 I find the apps run slow and I get education discount with apple :)