Can this laptop play games

Andrewlaptophelp

Estimable
Jun 18, 2014
I am in the Market for a new laptop, and was looking at the dell latitude E5410 and was wondering how it performed game-wise. Here are the details:
Intel core i7 2.67ghz, 4gb of DDR3 RAM, 250gb hard drive, windows 7 pro 64 bit, and the hard disk capacity is 200-500gb.
If anyone could tell me which games I can/can't play, and if anyone could give me an idea of where(if anywhere) to get a reasonable gaming laptop under 500 euro? Thanks, and with regards to the already mentioned laptop, could it play watch dogs, Day-z, goat simulator and CSgo? And could it run steam, amnesia or any half-life games?
Finally I want to apologise for the long post, but I've been looking at this for a while and want to make sure I get the best possible deal, and would really appreciate any helpful feedback, Thanks!

Solution
At your price point it seems a laptop with the Intel HD 4400 is you best option.

Laptops are not like desktops; very limited upgrade. Only specific models of expensive ($1,400+) laptops have that option. Laptop graphic cards are very expensive assuming you can find them. If you want to buy a laptop with a good graphics chip, then you need to postpone your purchase so you can save up more money.

At a minimum I suggest a Core i5 instead of a Core i3 CPU because it has Turbo Boost which is an auto overclock on the CPU to make it run faster. However, this adds about 100 euros. Somewhat custom laptops can be purchased, but they are expensive.

The Intel HD 4400 should in general play the games you listed decently with the exception of...
a link please?
im assuming by the lack of mention, that the laptop doesn't have a dedicated graphics card. So it's relying on integrated graphics, which means its barely going to handle anything at all. you'd need about 900 euros+ to handle watchdogs, half life or a large day z mod.

according to spec it has integ graphics. Also would u consider a refurbished or used computer

Andrewlaptophelp

Estimable
Jun 18, 2014
Well ice, I'm not sure to be honest, it depends on price/ what it can actually handle, did you have some suggestions? also could you tell me the likelihood that any of the titles I've mentioned before will run on the laptop I'm looking at? Thanks

it could run CS:go at low / minimum settings with 30+ FPS. The rest I'd be completely guessing on. Amnesia may be on minimum? but the rest, things like watch dogs or goat sim I think won't be playable full stop.
There's very little gaming potential in a 500 euro laptop that I know.
May I have a list of potential sites that you'd consider buying from? may be also an ebay link as well?

The Dell E5410 is somewhat old. It uses a first generation Core i7 CPU and still uses the old GMA series graphic core. It was not until the 2nd generation Core i series CPU which integrated the graphics core (Intel HD Graphics Core) into the CPU when Intel actually made an effort to improve their graphics performance. Avoid at all cost.

I am not familiar with any stores in Europe. But what I can say is that based on Dell's French site the Inspiron 3000 starts at 429 Euros for the Core i3-4030U (1.9GHz) version and 499 Euros for the Core i5-4210U (2.7GHz) version. These are 4th generation Core i CPUs. The difference is that the Core i5 CPU has Turbo Boost which can automatically overclock the CPU for better performance assuming the CPU is cool enough to do so. The extra 70 Euros also gives you 8GB of RAM instead of only 4GB.

Both versions of the Inspiron 15 3000 laptops will have the Intel HD 4400 while not the most powerful integrated graphics core, it is far superior to the old Intel GMA graphics core in the old Dell E5410. I recommend the Core i5 version is it is more powerful and it comes with more RAM. The integrated graphics core uses that RAM as well.

I assume Dell has a site for your country so you can checkout the prices.

The Dell Inspiron N5110 is a more recent laptop than the one you originally listed. However, I can tell you that the Intel HD 3000 graphics core is rather weak nowadays. It was pretty decent when it was new, but that was back in 2011.

Looking at the system requirements for Watch Dog you will not be able to play that game. For Intel you will need a laptop with Iris Pro HD 5200. Only specific current generation laptops would have that graphics core and they would rather expensive because only a few high end Intel CPUs will have the Iris Pro. The Iris Pro is more or less equal to a nVidia GT 740m which you are not going to find in your price range.

I have only played 2 games with the Intel HD 3000 graphics core; Mass Effect 3 and Skyrim. Mass Effect 3 is playable enough to complete the entire game in hardcore mode, but it can be a bit laggy. It can barely play Skyrim even after lowering graphic settings to bare minimum and using some mods to further improve performance by using lower quality textures that the game comes with by default.

The Intel HD 3000 will likely handle Half Life 2 and other somewhat old games using the old Source Engine like (Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines). But more recent games using a revised version of the Source Engine might have problems running on the Intel HD 3000.

CS Go and Amnesia: The Dark Descent should be playable on the Intel HD 3000 since they are not very demanding. I am guessing Day-Z should be playable. I cannot imagine Goat Simulator (???) would be very demanding at all.

I recommend you buy the following Dell Inspiron 15 3000 for 379 euros including VAT & shipping. The Intel HD 4400 is nowhere near as powerful as the Intel Iris Pro 5200, but it should be around 50% - 60% more powerful than the Intel HD 3000.

http://www.dell.com/ie/p/inspiron-15-3542-laptop/pd?oc=cn54233&model_id=inspiron-15-3542-laptop

Andrewlaptophelp

Estimable
Jun 18, 2014
So if I bought the dell inspiron 15 3000, do you know which games it could run/best case scenario gamewise? Also, I was wondering about custom laptops, if theres any way of just getting what's needed in relation to CPU/GPU and the most cost effective way? Also would byng a pre-made laptop and then custom installing the GPU etc be an option or not? Also sorry if this question is dragging but I just want to try and get the best deal and I appreciate all the help :)

At your price point it seems a laptop with the Intel HD 4400 is you best option.

Laptops are not like desktops; very limited upgrade. Only specific models of expensive ($1,400+) laptops have that option. Laptop graphic cards are very expensive assuming you can find them. If you want to buy a laptop with a good graphics chip, then you need to postpone your purchase so you can save up more money.

At a minimum I suggest a Core i5 instead of a Core i3 CPU because it has Turbo Boost which is an auto overclock on the CPU to make it run faster. However, this adds about 100 euros. Somewhat custom laptops can be purchased, but they are expensive.

The Intel HD 4400 should in general play the games you listed decently with the exception of Watch Dog.

You can checkout some benchmarks in the following link for the Intel HD 4400, but be aware the laptops used have either the Core i5 or Core i7 CPU which have higher clock speeds.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-HD-Graphics-4400.91979.0.html

Solution

Andrewlaptophelp

Estimable
Jun 18, 2014
Hey I found a couple of websites that feature some laptops, and would really appreciate your opinion of what my best option within my price point is. Here's the first one http://www.laptopsdirect.ie/

Andrewlaptophelp

Estimable
Jun 18, 2014
I think this one is more comprehensive though https://www.laptopninja.org/finding-the-best-gaming-laptops-under-500-dollars/ I would like your opinion of the best option I could go for. Again, I really appreciate it :)

The most powerful integrated GPU (iGPU) is the AMD Radeon HD 8650G and can be found in a couple of AMD APUs like the A10-5750M. However, purely from a processor point of view, AMD APUs are weaker than their Intel counterparts.

From a gaming standing you should focus more on the iGPU's performance than the processor performance though. If you can find a Lenovo G505s or Acer Aspire V5-552-X814 in your country within your budget, then go for it.

Seems good for the price. Since I am not in the UK I am not familiar with laptop prices there or where to look.

Laptops cannot be overclocked. The only laptop CPU that I know of which is capable of doing so is a Core i7 MX model. In the US that high end enthusiast CPU cost about $1,100 alone if you were to attempt to purchase one.

Andrewlaptophelp

Estimable
Jun 18, 2014
just wanted to say sorry for the absence of response, I've been too busy on my new laptop which is awesome by the way!, I want to say thanks to everyone who helped, especially Jaguarskx who took time to really look through the options and try to get me a good deal. thanks, I owe you one :D