Can this still be considered as a brand new laptop?

XBlueish

Honorable
Jun 14, 2013
Hey,

My parents just bought me a gaming laptop ASUS off amazon but i ended up putting on EBay for sell.
After the buyer received, he claimed that this was already used due to there was a update done on it like 5 months ago but I've never used it ever since i got it from my parents as a gift.
And I sent the laptop to him with the manufacturer case and seal both being unbroken in perfect condition.
I've asked some friends and most of them claimed that some gaming laptop does automatic updates when it was first built, is that true?
Can my laptop still be considered as brand new?

Thanks

faalin

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012
Do you have pictures of the seals being unbroken? He may make a claim to ebay and if you cant prove that the seals were unbroken he may win. since he's f'd with it now it has to be sold as used which sucks.

I just picked up a brand new laptop and checked the install on it and it has stuff done to it every month before i bought it, but i know its barnd new. Hes just being a little b!tch

06yfz450ridr

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
you win haha was this though paypal as well? since even if he tries to do a claim you send them the picture and your all set as long as you have a date on the picture or can prove in the properties of the picture that its hasnt been modified since they day it shipped

XBlueish

Honorable
Jun 14, 2013
Oh crap
I only have 5 or 6 pictures that proves perfect condition of the box and seal before i shipped it out
On the preview pictures
And yes, its through paypal