Can u tell me which is the best... Intel core i3 4th gen or Intel dual core 5th gen.. And What is the difference??

aman5787

Commendable
Apr 14, 2016
Can u tell me which is the best... Intel core i3 4th gen or Intel dual core 5th gen.. And What is the difference??

AdviserKulikov

Estimable
Jan 13, 2015
Depends on what you mean by dual core.

The i3 is an ok 2 core CPU with hyperthreading allowing 4 threads.

The pentium series is a high performance 2 core cpu without multithreading: limiting it to 2 threads.

The celeron series is a low performance budget 2 core cpu, without multithreading. There is no reason to get it unless you want a low cost desktop build.

While the Pentium has much better single core (thus gaming) performance, a lack of hyperthreading means the 2 core limit breaks the CPU on some modern games designed to use 4 or more threads.

AdviserKulikov

Estimable
Jan 13, 2015
Depends on what you mean by dual core.

The i3 is an ok 2 core CPU with hyperthreading allowing 4 threads.

The pentium series is a high performance 2 core cpu without multithreading: limiting it to 2 threads.

The celeron series is a low performance budget 2 core cpu, without multithreading. There is no reason to get it unless you want a low cost desktop build.

While the Pentium has much better single core (thus gaming) performance, a lack of hyperthreading means the 2 core limit breaks the CPU on some modern games designed to use 4 or more threads.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Laptop General Discussion 1
B Laptop General Discussion 3
F Laptop General Discussion 2
A Laptop General Discussion 1
A Laptop General Discussion 2
T Laptop General Discussion 4
B Laptop General Discussion 5
O Laptop General Discussion 6
L Laptop General Discussion 3
M Laptop General Discussion 1
A Laptop General Discussion 5