Solved! Can you have a two laptop streaming setup

TKU

Aug 14, 2019
So I do know that it is possible with a capture card and connecting the two laptops with an HDMI cable with the capture card in between.
I wanted to ask more specifically whether the two laptop stream setup is possible where the second laptop is a lot lower end than the gaming laptop. I've read that external capture cards encode the stream and do the hob, but I couldn't find out whether the laptop that will be broadcasting would have to be 'good,' as in have a good graphic's card processor etc.

My gaming laptop is a Razer laptop with a GTX 1060, and my second laptop is a Dell Inspiron 13500 (Ancient I know, but it's all I have.) Of course I can stream from the Razer alone, but I want to put as much work off the Razer as possible, and hence the above question. If such a setup (Gaming laptop is connected to the ancient laptop through a capture card) is possible, then which capture cards are best for this.

Solution
Yeah this is definitely not a problem. Just plug your gaming laptop into the capture card HDMI port and set your screen to “Duplicate”. Now on your crappy laptop plug in the capture card and connect the laptop to an ethernet cable (streaming will saturate your wifi uplink), you can then stream to whatever service from the old laptop.

As for capture card recommendations? Just use any USB capture card, since it’s coming from a laptop and not a games console you don’t have to worry about it being HDCP certified (copyright protection applied to video signal)

Andrew Fox

Estimable
Mar 6, 2015
Yeah this is definitely not a problem. Just plug your gaming laptop into the capture card HDMI port and set your screen to “Duplicate”. Now on your crappy laptop plug in the capture card and connect the laptop to an ethernet cable (streaming will saturate your wifi uplink), you can then stream to whatever service from the old laptop.

As for capture card recommendations? Just use any USB capture card, since it’s coming from a laptop and not a games console you don’t have to worry about it being HDCP certified (copyright protection applied to video signal)

Solution

TRENDING THREADS