Solved! Can you recommend a 3D TV based on these?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jebediahmontana

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2011
Can you recommend a good 3D TV?
Hi, I want to buy a 3D TV but I can’t decide on which one. I have a few considerations so if you guys could recommend a 3D TV that somewhat fits these, that would be great.
• Full HD
• High quality 3D images but also good 2D images
• It would be nice if the TV has a 2D to 3D conversion feature
• Comfortable and not likely to cause headache or eyestrain (10-13-year-old kids will be watching this too)
• Great for gaming
• 47 or 55 inches
• My budget is about $2000
Thanks a lot.

Solution
i have know a manager of a major store, sells product based on their capabilities, not price,, recommends the samsung models.
to be honest, go to the store and see them in person, is what I always tell people, every person has a different perception of what they like
turn the volume up, too,,, we bought a tv and didn't know till we got home that the model has worst speakers ever (was a toshiba - went back and got LG (not a 3d model)

any tv that has 3d 'high quality' will have to have great 2d picture as well (90-95% of tv viewing will be in 2d) -- as for eyestrain, you are gonna get some especially when first watching these,, something to get used to.

hamza510

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2011
i know what Stabilizer you are talking about, it basically a small transformer that increases voltage if the input voltage is low and steps down voltage if the input voltage is high.

The saver i am talking about basically cuts off the output elctricity if input voltage is higher or lower than a specific stated value. the ups that you are showing to me, i have APC's ups installed at my house my office and everywhere, so you don't actually have to tell me what a ups means.

blackhawk1928

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2008

Samsung is currently a really popular and reliable TV manufacturer. If I were you, I would be looking at a nice LED-LCD by samsung.

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
You call That protection?
i have APC's ups installed at my house my office and everywhere, so you don't actually have to tell me what a ups means.
Wouldn't that be a better protection than to cut the power right away - you know you should not unplug or to cut the power when watching the TV right?!

There are 3 approach of technology being offer on 3D glass, Active, Passive and Glass Free. I prefer active due to higher resolutions.

which is true, some people might take longer than others and some just don't like the fact that you need to wear glasses/goggles to watch 3D.

I rather have polarize screen place 3 feet in front of me than the glasses but i guess it's too big and costly to be implemented or might not even feasible.

puntojay

Distinguished
May 10, 2011

i have been and looked at lg 3ds. very impressed with them even found a 42 inch 3d tv @ £425. very cheap tvs with alot to give, great picture in 2d and 3d. might get one next time