Solved! Can you recommend to me a laptop that will fit my needs?

Inv3rtis

Commendable
Nov 20, 2016
Hello, so I am a graphics design student and also play video games (mainly League of Legends) and I am looking for a laptop that can be useful for both of those things.

One thing is it has to be good enough to be able to run software like Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Cinema4D and similar. I want it to be able to run all of those pretty smoothly (if that's possible with Cinema4D on a laptop with the budget I have)

I want to be able to also play games on it like League of Legends and maybe some new games sometimes too but it's not that important for me for the laptop to be able to run newer games as I will be mainly playing League on it since I have a PC at home it's just that my girlfriend lives in a different country so I'm out of the country quite often.

I would also preferably like the laptop to be 15 inch, 13 seems just too small for me.

My budget is probably below £900 but if there's anything just over that then I'll happily take a look at it.

Thank you for your help and if any more info is needed let me know :).

Solution
Anything that doubles up as a tablet is going to really struggle playing LoL. Due to the small form factor it wont house the hardware it needs to run games like that at any playable fps.

You're better off searching for "gaming laptops" anything with a 1050ti or better. Make sure it has an SSD.

stevenjemint

Proper
Aug 13, 2018
Anything that doubles up as a tablet is going to really struggle playing LoL. Due to the small form factor it wont house the hardware it needs to run games like that at any playable fps.

You're better off searching for "gaming laptops" anything with a 1050ti or better. Make sure it has an SSD.

Reactions: Lekhana
Solution

Inv3rtis

Commendable
Nov 20, 2016

True I didn't think about that plus it would probably find it difficult to run Cinema4D as well. I'll remove that from the post thanks.

Inv3rtis

Commendable
Nov 20, 2016

I was hoping for more specific recommendations, I've actually been on this website but I don't know myself what would be best.

Eximo

Distinguished
Herald
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Inv3rtis : "Can you recommend the best gaming / work laptop for me?"

Basically any late model i7 with a dedicated graphics card, maybe look for 16GB of memory. I don't usually have much luck shopping around the UK for laptops. Amazon is okay, but their search isn't really good enough to find laptops all that well. More or less have to know what you are looking for ahead of time.

This one is a tiny bit dated with the older GTX960m, but the i7-7700HQ is still decent.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/MSI-7QF-1670UK-Gaming-Laptop-Black/dp/B01NAP5GO3

Out of your budget, but 6 core CPU and a late model GPU.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Notebook-Refresh-i7-8750H-GeForce-Keyboard/dp/B07JKSCJRS

A compromise in budget. 8GB of memory, GTX1050 instead of a GTX1050Ti, but still 6 core.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Acer-Nitro-AN515-52-Gaming-Notebook/dp/B07FLWJQJK

NerdyComputerGuy

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Inv3rtis : "Is this the right laptop for me?"

That laptop should be able to run League of Legends and run all of your applications fine.

Here is a video showing with those specs how league would run

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnKnvIx8iVY

Jan 29, 2019

If you're in a hurry, these are the most important things to consider when choosing a new laptop. For a lot more detail, see the sections below.

12.5 to 14-inch screens offer the best balance between usability and portability. Larger screens are fine if you don't travel much and smaller models are great for kids.
If you're spending over $700, shoot for these minimum specs:
Core i7 CPU
1920 x 1080 screen
16GB of RAM
SSD Storage instead of a hard drive.
8+ hours of battery life is ideal if you plan to take your laptop anywhere at all.
Consider a 2-in-1 if you want to use your laptop as a tablet. If not, a standard clamshell notebook may be a better choice.
Chromebooks are good for kids. Windows laptops and MacBooks both offer plenty of functionality; which platform you prefer is a matter of personal taste.