Cannot get sound through TV via PC/HDMI

Trevor_10

Commendable
Feb 18, 2016
Okay, I don't know why this is happening, but at this point I'm just getting pissed off.

I am trying to plug my PC (Win 7) into my hdtv via hdmi. I also have a 7.1 surround with receiver for my tv. I have been looking online and have not found a fix. Worst part, I've never had this issue before! I'd plug in the hdmi cord and sound would come in! Here is what I've tried...

I open up the sound in devices. When hdmi is unplugged, I have a device saying it's not plugged in (shocker!), and my speakers is green/default and has the bar moving on the right. From what I've read, I need to make the hdmi output default, plug my hdmi cord into my pc (it's already in my receiver), and it should just work. Well, it doesn't. The bar on the right isn't filling up either, as the sound is still trying to come through my pc speakers or these two other devices I have up there, Realtek Digital Output. I try to disable everything to force it into the hdmi, but I still have nothing.

I try to run a test/configure on hdmi when it's plugged into my pc and I simply get an error saying that the device is being used by something else. I don't see how, as I restarted my pc and nothing is playing sound.

What the hell am I suppose to do? I don't understand why I'm not having this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated...thanks.

Edit: I have no issue getting picture, just sound