Cannot Recover or Fresh install windows

Benchmarque

Estimable
Oct 12, 2015
Hey guys,

I have a Samsung series 3 laptop. Wells let's recap the chain of events. Maybe 3 weeks ago I upgraded from my windows 8 to windows 8.1.

I used my desktop to download windows 8.1 directly from Microsoft and used its media creation tool to put it on a boot able USB. That worked perfectly.

Then I got the upgrade to windows 10 message a week ago. So I upgraded directly from the laptop. That worked find up until yesterday. I was able to boot it up and use it. But I noticed there was lag and programs won't open so I decided to restart, and now it won't boot after the Samsung splash screen, its a blank after that.

It tries to start automatic repair but that just ends in a black screen.

Also I found out that windows 10 has safe boot mode disabled from the startup. :( and I can't access anything to change the settings.

So, I decided to boot from USB of windows 8.1 and windows 10. Both usbs show the windows logo then a black screen. I thought it was a boot problem but I tested both usbs on desktop and it works fine. I decided to make a FreeDos boot able to see can it boot and it does boot on the laptop.

So, my question is what am I doing wrong? Or what is wrong? Or how can I get to safe boot or recovery from an unbootable windows? I can't access windows which means I cannot even do a fresh install if I wanted to.

Again, I read that many people have not set their comp to do boot able from USB, but I'm sure i can boot from USB as tested from FreeDos.

I only thing I can think of is the night before, I checked the notifications tab and there were some updates that could not be installed... 3 updates related to Intel graphics. But again, I was able to shutdown and turn it on in the morning.

I read in a other forum that somehow windows might be projecting to a bogus monitor hence the blank screen, but I'm not sure if this is my case.

If only I can safe mode it so I can maybe remove or system restore to a previous point that would be good.

Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
Hi,

Try connecting an external monitor first to test theory that it could be projecting to a bogus monitor because it's possible to happen in some laptops. If you'll get a display from the external monitor press the Windows key + P then select Display Only and it should go back to normal where your display should be in the built in screen. If that doesn't work or there's still no display on the external monitor do a hard reset. Remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try to power the laptop again. Another troubleshooting step you can do is to reseat the RAM, take them all off the put them back in after couple of seconds making sure that they are all seated properly into each slot and...
Hi,

Try connecting an external monitor first to test theory that it could be projecting to a bogus monitor because it's possible to happen in some laptops. If you'll get a display from the external monitor press the Windows key + P then select Display Only and it should go back to normal where your display should be in the built in screen. If that doesn't work or there's still no display on the external monitor do a hard reset. Remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try to power the laptop again. Another troubleshooting step you can do is to reseat the RAM, take them all off the put them back in after couple of seconds making sure that they are all seated properly into each slot and see if that solves the issue. Lastly, reset BIOS to default or change the boot priority to USB as the 1st boot device and reinstall Windows 8 in it again.

Solution