Question Can't connect laptop to an external display through normal HDMI

Vishnu15263

Estimable
Jan 7, 2017
I am currently using an ASUS ROG Scar II GL-504GM. I tried connecting my laptop to my TV through normal HDMI but I can't get a signal on my TV. It says no signal whatever I do. I also can't connect my laptop to a projector and the projector also shows that no signal is available. I know that my hdmi port of my laptop is working and the cable is not faulty because when i connect my laptop to my TV's HDMI ARC port, it works fine. So basically, I can only connect my laptop to the ARC port of my TV and not to the normal HDMI port and also not to a projector.

It could be a few things. Have you tested the HDMI connection on another device, say a monitor? If not I would try it and see if that works.

Also, some devices may output a 1080/24p or 1080/30p video signal. However, some TVs can only accept a 1080/60p video signal. Changing the video output format on the laptop may resolve the issue. How to do so would be in your manual or on the manufacturer's site.

You may also want to try rebooting (powering off and back on) the computer and then reset the TV to see if that resolves it.