Solved! Cant connect speakers to Element TV

Mar 22, 2019
Hi, I have a pair of Klipsch speakers im trying to connect to my Element TV via RCA cables, but I'm not getting any sound. As a workaround, I then tried connecting the speakers to the tv through the headphone jack (male to male headphone cable), and I didnt get sound from that either. Then I found an RCA to headphone cable and that sorta did the trick (RCA running from the speakers and headphone into the tv)... while I do hear sound now, I get very loud pops and the sound is a little muffled.

There is an optical port I could try, but I'd need to go out and buy a chord, and im not sure if that would even work, since nothing else is...

Any tips on how to get this sound working?

Last edited:
Solution
The Klipsch speakers are self powered?
Check them with another source like your phone.
If the speakers don't have an optical input you would need an optical to analog converter as well as the appropriate cable.
Mar 22, 2019
The Klipsch speakers are self powered?
Check them with another source like your phone.
If the speakers don't have an optical input you would need an optical to analog converter as well as the appropriate cable.

Yes, the speakers are self powered, and do work with my phone, iPod, etc when running the headphone jack to it. So its confusing. The speakers do have an optical input, so I'll give that a shot.