Solved! Can't get past Toshiba innovation screen

Dec 2, 2018
I have a Toshiba satellite c-50a that was taken in for a dead hard drive and had files recovered. At least that's what they told us. So I purchased a new hard drive and placed it in and at startup it would go to the Toshiba innovation screen and then blank and keep repeating. So I then replaced the CMOS battery with a new one because the computer had been sitting turned off for several months and I figured it was dead. So now if I turn it on without hitting any keys it goes to the screen and just hangs. If I start hitting f10 or f2 it will loop like mentioned earlier. I can't get into BIOS or go past the innovation screen. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm hoping nothing is wrong with the motherboard.

Solution
So it would seem that I solved my own issue. It looks like the issue was the flash drive sitting in the usb port on startup. I had taken it out and just by fluke started up the computer and away it went. So the other interesting thing was that my newer hard drive that I purchased on eBay came with a fresh copy of windows 10 on it. Never mentioned anything about that on the description. Lol. So the flash drive must have caused it to hang for some reason.
Dec 2, 2018
So it would seem that I solved my own issue. It looks like the issue was the flash drive sitting in the usb port on startup. I had taken it out and just by fluke started up the computer and away it went. So the other interesting thing was that my newer hard drive that I purchased on eBay came with a fresh copy of windows 10 on it. Never mentioned anything about that on the description. Lol. So the flash drive must have caused it to hang for some reason.

Solution