Can't get rid of play-bar.net adware

Sep 6, 2016
For the past day my Chrome browser has been infected with a virus called play-bar.net that keeps redirecting me to spam websites and puts an extra search bar on the new tab page, and I've done everything possible to try and get rid of it but nothing I do seems to work. None of my anti-viruses can find anything and it's driving me insane having to deal with it. Hopefully someone here can help with my issue.

http://i.imgur.com/AF88RcG.png

BadActor

Estimable
Herald
Try MalwareBytes if you haven't already and if that doesn't work and you're running Windows 7, you can also try ComboFix.

https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/combofix/

cloaveky

Estimable
Oct 9, 2015
Play-bar.net is a browser hijacker. It’s a threat you shouldn’t underestimate as it can, and will, cause you an abundance of issues that jeopardize both your and your system’s well-being. So, don’t ignore it! To clarify the situation, play-bar.net is merely a website. The threat you’re faced with, the one making a mess of your system, is lurking behind the website, using it as a front. Think of the page as the ‘face’ of the issue. Your PC was invaded by malware, and it’s that malware that will plague your browsing and make a mess of your system. Don’t just idly stand by as it wreaks havoc on your system. And, you can be quite sure that it WILL indeed wreak plenty of havoc. Unfortunately, there’s even a possibility that the ton of grievances the tool will cause you might prove to be beyond what your system can handle. There’s a chance one day you’ll be greeted with The Blue Screen of Death, and that’s something you should fervently wish to avoid. Granted, the possibility of that actually occurring is quite slim, but that doesn’t make it non-existent. So, take action before it’s too late and you’re drowning in regret.
How to Remove play-bar.net virus
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the play-bar.net infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
The play-bar.net adware is specifically designed to make money. It generates web traffic, collects sales leads for other dubious sites, and will display advertisements and sponsored links within your web browser.
STEP 1: Uninstall play-bar.net from Add\Remove Programs
STEP 2: Clean play-bar.net from Chrome Firefox or Internet Explorer
STEP 3: Permanently Remove play-bar.net leftovers from the System
STEP 1 : Uninstall play-bar.net from your computer
Simultaneously press the Windows Logo Button and then “R” to open the Run Command Window
Type “regedit”
navigate to HKCU\software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main
Modify the string with a value data and set it to google.com for example.
STEP 2 : Remove play-bar.net homepage from Chrome, Firefox and IE
Open Google Chrome
In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
Remove the play-bar.net by clicking on the little recycle bin
Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
Disable the unwanted Extension
Go to Help
Then Troubleshoot information
Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
Click on Internet options
go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
Restart Internet Explorer
How to Permanently Remove play-bar.net Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.
This article was published in Removal and was tagged browser hijacker. Bookmark the permalink for later reference by pressing CTRL+D on your keyboard.

Johny_2

Commendable
Oct 26, 2016

Johny_2

Commendable
Oct 26, 2016
Ive been having the same damn issue for a long time now. I have tried every malware removing tool possible and nothing seems to work. Please let me know if someone finally works it out!