Question Can't install Nvidia driver

May 27, 2019
if i try installing it with geforce experience it tells me its not compatible with my version of windows and if i try installing it manually it tells me its not compatible with my version of windows and that it cannot find the hardware. i tried updating windows but according to windows update im up to date. I also tried updating my drivers from device manager but it tells me its up to date even tho i know its not. i also tried installing an older driver but still no luck. any help would be appreciated

Specs that i think could be relevant:
GPU: GTX 860m
Windows version: 1903
My current nvidia driver version is 368.71

Ps: ill be leaving for work in about 30 min so i wont be able to reply to this thread for about 6 hours after its posted
PPS: sorry for all the misspelling english isnt my first language

May 27, 2019
that is why i am writing this post i know that i can get a better driver because i used to have one i used to have the version 418 that was at least a little more recent but i installed a fresh windows and now it regressed back to a 2016 version. if i go on the nvidia website and put in my graphics card it also tells me its compatible with my computer and by reserching for a bit i saw that many other people were having this problem and the fixes i found werent working for me which is why i am asking here

Then there is likely something that was installed on the computer (during the time between when you got it and you reinstalled the system) that is the cause. Some things will not work correctly if not installed in order.

Have you gone through and done all updates to the computer? All Windows and other updates? Additionally, are you using the same version of Windows as you were before the reinstall?