Can't Install Windows10 in UEFI

Apr 22, 2018
I bought a brand new 1TB SSHD (HDD with a few GB of SSD or something like that) for my Acer Aspire E 15 E5-574-579Q. Along with the disk, I also bought Windows 10 Home (the official USB installer). I removed my old broken HDD, and inserted my new SSHD. I want to install Windows 10 in UEFI mode in the boot menu. But when I boot up the PC no matter what I do it says "No bootable device". In UEFI mode, the SSHD is recognized but the official Windows 10 USB is not. In Legacy mode, the SSHD is also recognized and so is the Windows 10 USB. If I boot to the USB in Legacy mode I get the 64 or 32 Bit install option. If I choose 64 Bit (it's a 64 Bit system) it says "loading files" and then gives me an error code and says missing the evbda.sys driver. In 32 Bit it says I'm missing usbhub3 driver. I have an old Windows 10 ISO disk lying around and I can install Windows 10 perfectly with that, but only on Legacy mode. What I'm trying to accomplish here is installing Windows 10 in UEFI mode with the official $120 USB that I bought. I've spent 20 hours trying everything, but no matter what I try, UEFI mode says "No bootable device" with the little hard disk symbol. I've installed Windows 10 from the DVD 3 times now, and from there even formatted my entire SSHD to NTFS, but still, "No bootable device" on UEFI mode. I really don't know what to do anymore, PLEASE somebody help me make this work!!
Thank you!!!

nobspls

Proper
Mar 14, 2018
Have you tried calling Acer and talking to their tech support people. They must have a procedure for this, and there is most likely settings in the bios you need to configure and likely keys for UEFI that you have to clear,

BTW what is wrong with legacy mode? It is easier to clone disks in legacy mode and it is less hassle to have to worry about UEFI keys. What is the reason for the obession with UEFI mode?

Apr 22, 2018

I don't have much of a problem with Legacy mode, just when I boot to the USB in Legacy mode, and choose 64 Bit, it gives me an error that evbda.sys is missing or something like that. I'll try calling Acer, thanks!

Update: I'm out of warranty so I'm not eligible for Acer support. :(

Nov 14, 2018
I stumbled upon a solution. I couldn't find any decent answers online. Create a Rufus bootable USB for Windows 10 (Google how). Boot it in UEFI mode, choose Windows 64 bit and click next when it asks for English language when Windows logo and Install button comes up click the "Repair you Computer" link bottom right INSTEAD of the Install button. Then click Troubleshoot > UEFI Firmware Settings then hit the Restart button. You will be taken back to the Visual Bios where you hard drive will "magically" show up. Make sure UEFI box is checked, you should probably disable Legacy if it is checked. Save and Exit (F10) and it will continue to the Installation screens. Everything should work from there. YW