Cant launch a game

mckenziebrother

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011
hi!
first: sorry for my english, i'm french :)
recently i bought a notebook, acer aspire one d257.
screen 10", processor n570 1.6ghz dual core, 2go ram 13333mhz, graphics chipset 3150.
just to laugh, to see if the "pc" supports this game, i installed Lord Of The Ring Online. ram used at 50%, proc at 25/30%. then the computer checks the game servers... ...and it never works, it cant go trough servers analysis ><
as the game isnt fully launched it doesnt requires graphics, also processor and ram isnt overcharged, internet broadband is free of use, 20mo speed connection... where is the prolem? i'm trying to understand >< thanks for your advices :)

mckenziebrother

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011
hi, no i use wifi. i tried with an ethernet cable too but it doesnt worked either. how do i check the ports? i thought ports should be automatically set as they have to be by the game or modem oO

mouse24

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2010
its got to be some sort of firewall setting, try turning them off when running the game :/ if it can't reach the servers then its either got to be a problem on your end or theirs, im betting its on yours, try that then report back :)

mckenziebrother

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011
problem is solved. even if the game is authorized, i've shut down the firewall. i also linked the pc with an ethernet cable instead of wifi. i also searched the web to check about ports, there was 5 ports to open in the modem... i opened them, but for all of it: no result ><

then i've clicked on the double arrow as someone on an other forum recommended me, on the Turbine Launcher (the game popup where you type your nick/password), the result was to have a smaller Turbine Launcher window... and this time it worked. it finally scanned the game servers and i was able to play :)

so now i play to the Lord Of The Rings Online... ...on a notebook :) everything is set on the poorest quality but i can play ^^ (my pc is a acer d257 n57DQkk modified with 2go ddr3 1333mhz)