Can't open laptop lid

lmaohella

Estimable
Jan 2, 2016
just bought a new hp notebook cant cant figure out how to open it. serial number: CND5432XSM. product number: P1A95UA#ABA. idk what im doing.

Robert Cook

Honorable
Herald
Dec 15, 2014
looks like there is a little latch opposite the hinge side that you have to slide sideways before you can open it.
I remember the first time I saw a laptop as a kid and could not open it. I ended up breading the latch...

lmaohella

Estimable
Jan 2, 2016
the hp logo is on the back of the screen and everything else in under the keyboard. on the bottom its just one big lid with screws. i took the screws out and it kind of just pops off except for near the hinges. sorry if im ignorant.
5pffV7f.jpg
the back of it

Put the screws back in. The laptop should open from the end at the bottom of the photo. But flip it over first. Unless you're trolling (which is my suspicion).

EDIT: Or am I perhaps misunderstanding the question? Are you trying to gain access to the innards to change the HDD or upgrade RAM? If so, don't I feel like a dope. Let me get back to you in a minute or 10.

I was unable to find a disassembly video for your exact model. But I'm thinking the procedure should be very similar to this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuovxquGRFk

Unless someone else comes along with the exact procedure, you're going to have to somewhat wing it on your own if you feel brave enough. Best of luck! :D

Hold on, what do you mean "you can't open it"? Are you trying to open the case or just open it to get to see the LCD? Why are you trying to open a new laptop? If you don't know what you are doing, you are as likely to just break something and void the warranty than to do anything useful.

Robert Cook

Honorable
Herald
Dec 15, 2014

good point I figured it was open it as in un-fold it so to say, but taking it apart could also work with that phrase.

I think everyone thought it was just the lid till the post about removing screws LOL Probably because the title was "can't open laptop lid".

lmaohella

Estimable
Jan 2, 2016
im trying to upgrade the RAM. im sorry if my title is confusing, im really ignorant to this type of thing. thank you for the video it did give me some insight (thats alot of hidden screws). I just dont want to pay a fortune for
bestbuy to do it. again really sorry for the confusion. if you want to try to instant message me i have steam http://steamcommunity.com/id/-pnut-/ . i feel like a real idiot lol.

theman5142

Commendable
Apr 29, 2016
i had the same model and problem then i looked under the rubber pads next to the battery then you should be golden and before pulling lid off take out the dvd tray