Cant play audio through bluetooth speaker while laptops connected to tv with hdmi

Brandi_2

Commendable
Mar 22, 2016
I have a toshiba satellite last years modeland i am trying to play audio through a bluetooth speaker while i have it connected to my tv with hdmi cable. Can't figure out anything that will work

Hi,

First, make sure that the Bluetooth Speaker is paired already with your laptop. Please use the link below for the complete guide on how to pair your Bluetooth speaker to your laptop.
http://www.tomsguide.com/faq/id-2343157/connect-bluetooth-speakers-windows-laptop.html

One done, do make sure that the default speaker is set as the Bluetooth speaker.
- Right click on the speaker icon and select Playback Devices.
- If you'll see the Bluetooth speaker listed, right click on it and select Set Default.
- Click Apply and OK then see if it will work or not.

Thor

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2004
June 11, 2019

If I try to play audio/video from PC to HDMI TV and my Bluetooth speaker pair to PC just one can work.

Even if I go in Recording/Stereo Mix / Listen and choose the HDMI TV, Bluetooth speaker set to default.
If I try with HDMI TV default not work too.

I think it's not possible to have Bluetooth Speaker and HDMI TV at same time. One take control of other.

I try with my wire speaker and work; I can have Wire Speaker and HDMI TV at same time.
But again, not able do the same with Bluetooth speaker pair to PC.

And my HDMI TV don't have the function of Bluetooth so can't pair Bluetooth speaker with it.