Can't reinstall Windows 7

Ariel Soto

Commendable
Jun 18, 2016
Hi, everyone. Hope you can help me out with this.

So I have an HP 14-g030la. It came with Windows 8, initially, then we upgraded to Windows 10. But we ended up installing Windows 7, cause we didn't like the others.

A week ago, whenever Windows booted, it would stay on the main screen and after the toolbar loaded (explorer.exe) it would freeze, no matter what.

I booted through safe mode and the driver amdkmpfd.sys took around 1 minute to load and afterwards Windows would boot into safe mode.

I ended up restoring the system with a restore point that was saved 2 weeks ago. And it worked.

A week later. Same issue. But this time, there was no restore point.

I couldn't find what amdkmpfd.sys was exactly for, but found out that it was related to the graphic driver (my laptop has an APU processor, by the way: AMD E1-6010).

I uninstalled the GPU display driver, and reinstalled it but the computer would only boot in safe mode.

In my desperation, I uninstalled it and decided to delete the amdkmpfd.sys file from the driver's folder and from system32 as well.

Now Windows 7 won't even give me the options to enter safe mode.

I have 2 USB prepared with bootable Windows 7. One UEFI and the other one just normal. I used Rufus for this and a Windows 7 iso I was able to obtain from the internet, because the laptop didn't came with a recovery disc or anything.

But when booting from the USB to reinstall Windows 7, it takes around 3-5 minutes to load and I have to boot into safe mode as well.

Once it does, if I choose install, it gets stuck in an infinite "loading".

If i decide to select repair, it does the same thing. Just the screen stays black with this option.

Please, help.

Ps. I am able to bring up CMD if I press Shoft-F10