Solved! Can't start iBook

r.karfstedt

Prominent
Aug 28, 2017
Hi! I got an old iBook (m6497) as a gift. It won't go farther than the grey screen with the Apple-symbol and i have tried to start with "alt+apple+p+r " but it doesn't seem to work. I didn't get a installation-desk with the computer and never had a apple-laptop before so now i don't know what to do! PLEASE can anyone help me in any way? Would be so happy! / Rebecka

Solution
Need to find some place you can get the disks to re-install the MAC OS on it. You usually need another Apple computer of the same time, but at times there are ISO files available online, although you need to be careful with where you download them from. Better to have someone there that knows about computers help you get it working.
Need to find some place you can get the disks to re-install the MAC OS on it. You usually need another Apple computer of the same time, but at times there are ISO files available online, although you need to be careful with where you download them from. Better to have someone there that knows about computers help you get it working.

Solution