Can't use headset Microphone

negativeToIL323

Commendable
Nov 21, 2016
I can't change my microphone because it is set to the built in microphone in my laptop. I tried the "check the show hidden devices" in recording tab and theres no hidden devices. Please Anyone help me... I'm so desperate now... Sorry for my bad english.

Solution
If you have the external microphone plugged into the 3.5mm jack, and there is only one jack, it is completely possible that it is only for headphones/speakers and won't work with the microphone. This is becoming very common place on laptops.

First try the mic on another device to make sure it is working. Then, if it works, you may well need an adapter to be able to use it on your laptop. A 3.5mm to USB adapter.
If you have the external microphone plugged into the 3.5mm jack, and there is only one jack, it is completely possible that it is only for headphones/speakers and won't work with the microphone. This is becoming very common place on laptops.

First try the mic on another device to make sure it is working. Then, if it works, you may well need an adapter to be able to use it on your laptop. A 3.5mm to USB adapter.

Solution

negativeToIL323

Commendable
Nov 21, 2016

Thanks for the reply :) , however I manage to get it worked by updating my driver. Because last time my sound driver's name was "high definition audio" and I think my real driver for the sound drivers is realtek, so I searched it on google (the driver of realtek) and Downloaded it and updated my drivet and "viola", its now working.

Thanks for the reply agian, maybe some other people can use your solution or mine to fix theirs.