Can't use my new kraken pro mic on my hp pavillion laptop

fouadsaab61

Prominent
Jan 6, 2018
So I have my new razer kraken pro headphones that I would like to use the mic of. My Hp pavillion laptop(model:15-ay122ne) has only one jack and my headset does as well (a hybrid jack i guess). But when I plug it in the mic doesn't work only audio works. So any possible solutions?

Well it could be that the port is output (speaker) only and not input/output (headphones/mic). Happens a lot with newer laptops. It is also possible it is a dual port (input/output), but not a strong one which you need for that device. Also really common.

The only thing I can suggest to resolve this would be to get a 3.5mm to USB adapter. That would totally bypass the problem, as the USB port would work with both. If it is a sing 3.5mm plug, then something like this should work... https://www.amazon.com/LZYCO-External-connector-Headphone-Microphone/dp/B018YV3ALM/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1486193340&sr=8-9&keywords=3.5mm+to+usb+adapter Otherwise, if it is dual plug headset, you would need one like that but with two 3.5mm ports.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
vinodkumarbs Laptop Tech Support 1
E Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 2
N Laptop Tech Support 2
B Laptop Tech Support 4
J Laptop Tech Support 4
S Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 0
P Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 3