Capacitive soft keys

GREG_38

Commendable
Apr 28, 2016
Do the back button and the recent apps button have lites. Mine do not lite up and I have found no settings that make them lite up.

Solution
Ah, I see. Well you always have the option of returning it and getting another one, that has the features you want. It is the only thing I can think of beyond what we have already discussed.

GREG_38

Commendable
Apr 28, 2016

I see. Yeah it happens.

In regards to the "lights" have you checked the "Power Saver" settings? If you are set to be in Power Saver mode, then the lights go out right away or even off. In Power Saving mode there is option to "Restrict Performance". See if it says Enable or Disable. If it shows the option to "Disable", meaning it is on, then check it's settings. One of the settings should be for "Light Duration", for the touch keys.

The route to get to there should be... "Settings", then "Device", next "Display", and finally "Touch Key Light Duration".

GREG_38

Commendable
Apr 28, 2016
Yes, I have tried turning off both power saver and alternate power saver modes. On or off, neither mode offer an option for touch key delay or any selection that will make the lights turn on. This Galaxy Grand Prime is one of Samsung's budget phones. I think I am learning why. I bought it as a gift for someone. Now I feel stupid.