Castlevania: Lords of Shadow PC Demo Hits Steam Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

clonazepam

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2010
Well I checked it out. It's actually playable on the keyboard. W,A,S,D to move around, then K for jump, J and L for whippin', I for block, O for daggers etc, and U for interaction. The demo is the first two parts of the game, so that's all you get to use for the demo. It scaled up and looked fine at 1080p, with advanced settings like 'Max' AA, and 16x AF, as well options for shadow details.

It looks much better than the console version, though its obvious at times that AA isn't being applied to certain things on screen.

The fun and responsiveness is all there though. A controller will be better just because of the menu options and eventual use of combinations and special attacks. With a keyboard, your left hand is on wasd, and right on jkl, but when you navigate menus, you use backspace, esc, and enter as well as the arrow keys to move around the options. That part's annoying to have to take your hands off jkl and move to the arrows for those things.

I can't wait for LOS2, I think it'll play really well on PC, just like this title should.

jessterman21

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2010
It Suuuuuucks. Two 5-minute levels, terrible character models, cutscenes that switch to 720p/no AA. Can't believe I wasted an hour downloading it.

Status
Not open for further replies.