Catholic Church Approves iOS Confession App

Status
Not open for further replies.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
As if confession to your iPhone is crazier than other aspects of Christianity or any religion. Talking snakes, rib-women, Jesus riding dinosaurs... sorry but the iConfession fits perfectly.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]As if confession to your iPhone is crazier than other aspects of Christianity or any religion. Talking snakes, rib-women, Jesus riding dinosaurs... sorry but the iConfession fits perfectly.[/citation]
if the talking snake was a naga i would totaly join their cult... i love nagas

G

Thanks for showing up such fabulous information. I like this post, keep writing and give informative post...!

Holistic Healing

glennster68

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011
killerclick 02/10/2011 9:59 AM
.As if confession to your iPhone is crazier than other aspects of Christianity or any religion. Talking snakes, rib-women, Jesus riding dinosaurs... sorry but the iConfession fits perfectly

You are perfectly free to believe or not in any higher power. But if you dismiss the vast majority of the world who do believe as if they are fools, like you did in your post, you come off as an arrogant ass that no one will respect. This article is about this particular iPhone App. It is not an open invitation for elitists to denegrate the majority of their fellow members of the human race because they don't believe the same way you think they should.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
[citation][nom]glennster68[/nom]killerclick 02/10/2011 9:59 AM .As if confession to your iPhone is crazier than other aspects of Christianity or any religion. Talking snakes, rib-women, Jesus riding dinosaurs... sorry but the iConfession fits perfectlyYou are perfectly free to believe or not in any higher power. But if you dismiss the vast majority of the world who do believe as if they are fools, like you did in your post, you come off as an arrogant ass that no one will respect. This article is about this particular iPhone App. It is not an open invitation for elitists to denegrate the majority of their fellow members of the human race because they don't believe the same way you think they should.[/citation]

So, I guess that's reserved for the Christian and Catholic churches....who thinks anyone that doesn't follow their flavor of religion is going to hell.

Some athiests have chosen said path because they're tired of listening to the same old bullshit of how everyone is going to hell. The irony of it all.....how many priests/pastors have been found to be child molesters so far?...And the church continues to protect them.... Why honor an institution that condones child molestation?

ragingmercenary

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2010
@glennster
It's not simply an act of "dismissing" every other religious person in the world as foolish. Atheist believe that religion is a form of a cultural meme that was passed down from generation and perpetuated by some form of memic evolution. Most likely the only reason that you belong to the religion that you do is because your parents were of that same religion, so they indoctrinated you in that same faith. By the way, just because many people in the world believe in some form of religion, that does not make it true. At one point in time, it was a agreed upon by almost everyone that the Earth was flat and that the planets revolved around the Earth instead of the Sun. Humans will always have the propensity to be fooled.

Also, I don't think that it is a good idea to smack atheist for voicing their opinions in public, when it is the Christian lobby that has been forcing its believe system down the throats of many Americans. Whether it be teaching of Creationism in public schools, the outlawing of abortion and sodomy, or the understated "requirement" that an elected official be of some faith in order to be electable.

glennster68

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011
I was remarking on killerclick's off-topic attack on religion on this comment thread about this story, not on his right to believe what he believes, or to say what he says.

And equating teaching Creationism in schools to the abortion debate just shows how prejudiced you are against people of faith and their views. Try thinking critically on each topic at hand, without just jumping on the talking points from either side. Abortion after stops a beating heart if done later than ~ 23 days after conception. That's a medical fact. You can argue the value of that beating heart, but you cannot dispute the facts and be taken seriously.

candrwhite

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
As far as the whole Christianity vs Atheist discussion... Believe whatever you want. As far as religion goes in the U.S., you're still free to make whatever choice fits your fancy. The only thing I can't stand is when either side yells, screams, and insults to try to force their opinion on someone else.

I do find it oddly amusing that the Catholic Church is now charging $1.99 for a pre-confession app. Because according to my bible, Christ already paid the price for my sins. Forgiveness is free... someone should really tell them.

Yuka

Distinguished
May 3, 2007
Good to see the Church trying to move WITH the technology instead of burning IT people.

Took them a little while, but kudos non the less... I guess...

Cheers!

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
[citation][nom]glennster68[/nom]It is not an open invitation for elitists to denegrate the majority of their fellow members of the human race because they don't believe the same way you think they should.[/citation]

Hmmm, if I don't believe what Christians believe I'm going to Hell to be raped by demons forever... but I should still have respect for their beliefs? Why?

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
[citation][nom]Yuka[/nom]Good to see the Church trying to move WITH the technology instead of burning IT people.Took them a little while, but kudos non the less... I guess...Cheers![/citation]

Oh, they would still love to burn people and books they disagree with but they lost that power, at least in the Civilized World.

G

"You are perfectly free to believe or not in any higher power. But if you dismiss the vast majority of the world who do believe as if they are fools, like you did in your post, you come off as an arrogant ass that no one will respect. "

Why is there this incessant need to "respect" another's faith? I certainly will "respect" your right to believe in whatever the hell you want, but what makes you think that one must "respect" your beliefs? Respect and revere another's blind faith? I think not.

bayouboy

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
[citation][nom]glennster68[/nom]Abortion after stops a beating heart if done later than ~ 23 days after conception. That's a medical fact. You can argue the value of that beating heart, but you cannot dispute the facts and be taken seriously.[/citation]

Who cares about a beating heart? Its just a pump, full of blood, that move more blood, and it is really dark in there. You can have a beating working heart and be dead. There are thousands of people right now who have perfectly good working hearts and are dead. Plus, are you even remotely suggesting that a 23 day old mass of cells that resembles a tape worm is a human being? Did you know that half of 23 day old fetuses are never born due to miscarriage?

That is why brain death is now the standard to claim who is alive and who is not alive (dead). When people say they died and came back, they are being dishonest, when your heart stops, you are not dead, when your brain dies from lack of oxygen, you are dead, permanently, no coming back. No one has come back from brain death to date.

You also know what else is a fact? The brain is the most important part of the body. Every other organ is secondary to the brain. Without a brain, you are not a human being. Screw the heart, it is only there to keep my brain alive. Screw my sexual organs, their only purpose is to make more brains. Brains = human beings. Not hearts, not lungs, not skin, not livers, or any other part of the body.

fball922

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2008
Sorry but atheists are annoying in how proud they are about not believing in anything. You don't have to believe what I believe, and I don't think you'll go to Hell for that as long as you live a good life. It just annoys me how a someone brings up the fact that the atheists here immediately start bashing Christianity (or any religion for that matter), then the atheists get pissed and claim they are being threatened with eternal damnation and being "raped by demons." Atheists are children; They don't like religion because it tells them no.

Status
Not open for further replies.