Cell Phone Use Believed To Reduce Male Fertility

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

septagent

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2008
Maybe they're confusing cause and effect. Girls talk on the phone a lot more than guys do. Same goes for "girly" guys.

Or am i just making this up?

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Who cares? The world already has enough people getting in your way on the freeway, standing in front of you in line, using the last of the toilet paper without putting on a new roll, etc. etc. Do we really give a rats ass if cell-phones lower sperm mobility? Now, if they were leading to an increase in impotence/ED, THEN people might care. You can call me when humans are on the brink of extinction, I'll have my cellphone on me.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Well considering I'm going for a vasectomy in a few months, this is great news. There really are too many people in the world now anyways. Maybe we should start giving cell phones to overpopulated / poor countries to try and lower their birthrates.

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
flawed study, control group has too many mitigating factors and variables that render the study flawed, in complete and inconclusive. mcdonalds fast food could be said to do the same and could actually be the real cause.
or better yet global warming did it, since changing the temperature in your groin area a couple degrees has a profound and huge impact on your sperm count, quality, and activity. all that can be changed by boxers or briefs, so if boxers and briefs can do it all this 'global warming' is affecting that too.
like i said flawed study that can be negated with galaxy wide holes punched thru it much like the last 3 global warmings that ended each of their respective ice ages.
these studies show less accuracy then FDA testing on new drugs.
the control groups are flawed therefor the study is flawed.
one could argue that the easy of booty calls are making it easier for promiscuity to take plus thus reducing the need for the males sperm needing to be more potent as it is being cast more frequently thus increasing the factors of pure dumb luck chance of passing their genes on to off spring. even this bit of b.s. has better odds of being more accurate than this study as opposed to to the days before cell phones or the people with out cell phones of getting such a booty call due to their lack of availibility.
logic and common sense would have saved how ever much money was spent on this frivolous study in order to make these crack smoking researchers appear to be working. i say the same thing about global warming studies being flawed because they only have 1 test subject to study and a blink of a second in it's billions year old life span to base their flawed studies on with out even knowing the test subject or normal conditions & normal birth-death life cycle patterns & history of planets with life forms like our own. mother nature which spans into the cosmic universe has more effect on our planet every day in it's pinky finger then man kind ever will even if we are on this rock for a trillion years. we are but termites on the bark of a redwood.

i know it sounds like a troll, just using it as an example since it's popular :p now go jump off a bridge if you don't like it, because if i find out your the person in front of me on the bridge i will push you

therandomuser

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2011
[citation][nom]CaptainInsannoPhd[/nom]Not sure if therandomuser is trolling or not but electromagnetic waves can be very deadly. It's not the type of wave that causes the damage its the intensity of the wave. A microwave ray can be just as damaging as a x-ray it just requires a much higher intensity. When you get a 5 second x-ray at the dentist it doesn't kill you. A 5 second burst of microwave radiation from your microwave oven probably wouldn't kill you either but it would hurt like hell.[/citation]

You will notice that I put microwaves along with anything above the visual spectrum. I don't know the exact physics on why water molecules LOVE surfing on microwaves (something with the natural resonant frequency or something like that), but obviously it's gonna be dangerous. Besides, no sane person would put a live animal into the path of a microwave.

Almost everything is poisonous, even oxygen. Why do you think we die? You just need a certain amount of it to be deadly. With the aforementioned frequency ranges, you would need less of it to be deadly.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
i may duck tape the phones to my balls, i never want kids, and a visectomay may reverse itself, so just to be more than 99.8% sure its never going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.