Cell Phone Use During Pregnancy Could Cause Behavioral Disorders

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]spookie[/nom]there has been sooo many studies that proved that cellphones have a negative effect on people....and yet they don't care. Cancer is one of the things that cellular radiation causes[/citation]
You forgot to add, "I have a paranoid delusion that..." at the beginning of your comment.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]spookie[/nom]there has been sooo many studies that proved that cellphones have a negative effect on people....and yet they don't care. Cancer is one of the things that cellular radiation causes[/citation]
Also, who is 'they' (that don't case) in this case? Are you suggesting that non-RF wireless communication devices be developed? What would be used; Automated semaphore flags?

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]jacekring[/nom]I recommend subspace transdimensional communication devices, which have an effect range of 20 lightyears. With a data bandwidth of 2 petabytes (minimum).Although I bet those would cause genital cancer to frequent users (using for more then 2 minutes per 5 years)[/citation]
Guild navigators?

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]lathe26[/nom]Just to head off any replies, my last comment was humor.[/citation]
Well, an _attempt_ at humor...

(couldn't resist. actually it was humorous)

kyuuketsuki

Distinguished
May 17, 2011
Oh great, I can see the headlines now: "Cellphone Use During Pregnancy Causes ADHD!"

Even though this is a small study that merely shows some correlation between having an active cellphone near a pregnant rat has some effect on the fetuses' neurological development, and has little, if any, applicability to human fetal development, by the authors' own admission. Not to mention, the degree of exposure (24/7 for the entire pregnancy) was way beyond any reasonable expectation of exposure in the real world.

willwayne

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
How much more insulated from these radio waves are human fetuses as compared to mouse fetuses?

Do fat women protect their developing offspring from this radiation better than skinny women?

clownbaby

Distinguished
May 6, 2008
Newsline:

Over Exposure to Education Causes Problems Distinguishing Correlation and Causation!

I'm tired of these half assed studies, which are glorified surveys/polls, proclaiming medical news. Perhaps people who have cell phones glued to their ear 24-7 are the same people that tend to raise shitty kids.

Please Tom's, keep the "science" articles away from here. I buy my snake oil from a reputable source.

cpatel1987

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
@Geoman: As somebody who is part of the research community in general, this isn't the first time journalists take a research article and exaggerate its results. Its exactly why the scientific community separates its work as much as possible from a typical person. Also exactly why newspaper articles should never be taken seriously. You want good summary of research, read scientific reviews. Unfortunately, even then, sometimes primary sources get misrepresented.

Status
Not open for further replies.