Change laptop keyboard

Oct 25, 2018
Hello,
I currently have a lenovo x220 laptop and i don’t really like the layout and how it looks, i saw that the x230 one is simmilar and nicer and i wondered if i can switch the x220 keyboard with the x230 one.

Saga Lout

Olde English
They may look alike but underneath the palmrest, it might look different. The ribbon cable might not be long enough to reach the connector.

If you do buy one, check that it fits very carefully so ou can send it back for a refund.

Saga Lout

Olde English
They may look alike but underneath the palmrest, it might look different. The ribbon cable might not be long enough to reach the connector.

If you do buy one, check that it fits very carefully so ou can send it back for a refund.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 0
T Laptop Tech Support 1
F Laptop Tech Support 1
Ramon3 Laptop Tech Support 1
GJG10 Laptop Tech Support 3
Warmachine201273 Laptop Tech Support 2
R Laptop Tech Support 0
R Laptop Tech Support 12
Faru Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 0
D Laptop Tech Support 0
Focandit Laptop Tech Support 1
anubiss Laptop Tech Support 4
K Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 5
S Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 7
T Laptop Tech Support 5
O Laptop Tech Support 5
Similar threads
Question Laptop battery died, suddenly booting straight to bios, boots too fast to see any error messages. CMOS seems fine, SSD HDD 1st Boot, No changes made
Question Laptop not switching on following SSD change/power cable disconnection.
Question Can I change the plug of my laptop charger?
Solved! Laptop screen is black but running, works with external monitor. Changed LDC cable and screen - no dice >:
Solved! Laptop keeps changing bw charging and not charging when heavy gaming..
Solved! Change your laptop's display monitor from IGPU to GPU
Question URGENT: Laptop wont turn on after thermal paste change.
Question My headset microphone picks up all sounds played through my headphones. No changes in windows sound settings help!
Question Processor Change
Question Asus FX553VD laptop doesn't boot up, if I keep it OFF overnight
Question Laptop won’t POST after BIOS settings change
Question Can I change my laptop display from intel hd graphics to Nvidia GeForce
Solved! I changed battery five times, is my Toshiba laptop damaging the batteries?
Question I can't figure out how to change the keyboard colors on MSI GP26mVR 7RGX Leopard Pro
Laptop keyboard not working after changing RAM
I have a dell laptop my laptops keyboard suddenly stopped working I changed the window also but the problem can't get solved y
i am change the bios setting in default settings in my laptop. now windows 8 os is booting.. but not working in keyboard and m
Can't change BIOS in Acer laptop (inop keyboard and touchpad). Please Help!
Do I need to wear a anti-static wrist band changing a keyboard on a hp g72?? Never fixed a laptop before.
Solved! How do you change the laptop numeric keyboard config

ASK THE COMMUNITY