changing my broken tv screen for a new one

vegascentrum

Prominent
Jun 7, 2017
hello, please advice me ,

I broke my tv screen/display, I am not sure if I need to find the same maker display to change it? or can I just get any the same size display and it will work ? I can not find the same display anywhere, even the size is the problem 47, its LG and they dont make these tv's anymore, I do not want to throw it away if I can replace the screen because the tv is good

thank you for helping me :)

Solution
There are rarely replacement display panels available because the cost of the panel and the work involved in installation is much greater than the cost of a new TV.
If you could find the identical TV (not working with a good panel) then maybe it might make sense. Panels are not the same from model to model even the same size and same year so it usually has to be the same model..
Under warranty they would usually replace the entire TV since it's cheaper.
There are rarely replacement display panels available because the cost of the panel and the work involved in installation is much greater than the cost of a new TV.
If you could find the identical TV (not working with a good panel) then maybe it might make sense. Panels are not the same from model to model even the same size and same year so it usually has to be the same model..
Under warranty they would usually replace the entire TV since it's cheaper.

Solution