Changing Network Connections Silence Apple's Siri

Status
Not open for further replies.

wcnighthawk

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2010
Bug? It's a feature. Much like holding your phone wrong when making a call or taking a picture now, it just let's you know you are using the wrong network :)

tethoma

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2009
Siri is super buggy and I never depend on it. When you connected to wifi it works great, in the car, it lags and doesn't work correctly.

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
Apple's products are products of excellence - there are no such things as bugs. If anything it is a feature that all should embrace.

ddpruitt

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
Odd, they make it sound like a bad thing.

I've had a number of people try to show me how great siri is, they asked different questions but all got the same result. "That service is not available at this time"

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
[citation][nom]tethoma[/nom]Siri is super buggy and I never depend on it. When you connected to wifi it works great, in the car, it lags and doesn't work correctly.[/citation]

IMO, I have used both Siri and those mimickers on Android and IMO neither is superior to the other.

ashesofempires04

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011
Siri isn't the only thing that wigs out when I switch between networks. Any time i move between 3G and Wi-Fi I have to put my phone in and out of airplane mode to reconnect or else nothing works. It even kills my ability to send a text. It's been happening for over a year now, and whenever I tried to have my phone looked at under the terms of my warranty, I was told I would have to buy an applecare plan. My next phone is going to be a Windows Phone.

tntom

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001
Atleast this is fixable. The purple lens flare on iPhone 5 camera is only fixable by avoiding weak to strong light sources in your frame. All these things will get better. I fear the day these things become commodity items and manufactures just start cutting corners.

santfu

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010
[citation][nom]mayne92[/nom]IMO, I have used both Siri and those mimickers on Android and IMO neither is superior to the other.[/citation]

You make it sound like Siri was developed by Apple. Siri was going to be a multi-platform service until Apple bought it.

Antimatter79

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
[citation][nom]ashesofempires04[/nom]Siri isn't the only thing that wigs out when I switch between networks. Any time i move between 3G and Wi-Fi I have to put my phone in and out of airplane mode to reconnect or else nothing works. It even kills my ability to send a text. It's been happening for over a year now, and whenever I tried to have my phone looked at under the terms of my warranty, I was told I would have to buy an applecare plan. My next phone is going to be a Windows Phone.[/citation]

AppleDon'tCare Plan....

Status
Not open for further replies.